May 2004
I thought i´ve been such a good little bunny recently and worked sooooo hard I thought...hey i know I go on a few days break. I got on the internet and looked up cheap deals and "ta da" i found a stupidly cheap flight to sunny spain....wayhay..only there seems to be some kind of mix up with either the airport, god or my brain cus
1) it´s not sunny
2) it doesn´t seem to be spain!
lets deal with 2 first. now i know ive never been very good with geography or history but when did spain become part of Germany I ask you? I´m pretty sure that I got on the plane for Mallorca and funnily enough i thought that that had something to do with spain..silly me!!! as it appears that I´ve landed somewhere completely different. I´m getting very confused with the fact that everysingle resturant, bar, shop, signpost is German. when i attempt to ask for something in spanish (i know i don´t actually speak spanish..i´m talking about asking for a coffee not debating the politcal climate of the balearics since the 1800´s) people answer me in german! does any one know where i am? Ok so i´m just as guilty as the next person..as afterall i am a brit on hol. I even brought a suitcase ( with wheels an everything) instead of my trusty back pack. But i had myself all geared up to don my brummy accent and battle with the other brits about whether the chips are as good in this resturant as opposed to back home ( cus we don´t like that foreign food)... i am being denied the right! I´m wondering if all the mallorcan population fled for their lives when they saw thousands of people heading towards them demanding bratwurst mit brochen/ chips with curry sauce and a lager (delete as appropriate).
1) as a brit on hol there are certain expectations of me. I must return back to London with minimum second degree burns or everyone will think i didn´t have a good time, and theres alot of pressure on me. Yesterday was lovely and sunny. me and my chic flick went to the beach and i think we worked hard at it. Trouble is it´s bloody cloudy and raining today and i have very uneven sunburn ( y´know a strip down my right leg and you could draw lines on me where my bikini top was with out having to wear it). I need to burn in more places please! I´m asking you guys to help me in your countries by raining dancing, breathing in very hard, voodoo whatever it takes to get rid of the clouds here just for 2 days.
I´m not sure how much more europop (where everyone sings like they´ve inhaled the worlds supply of helium) i can take.
Anyway thought i´d share my thoughts with ya´ll. It could be a hell of alot worse...i could be in england ha ha!!!!!!!!!! At this point i´m either gonna have dig out my ledenhosen (no i´m not being racist, there is a huge group of people walking around in them) and join in, down the bottle of vodka i have in my room, or someone will have to express my backpack to me to i can get the 1st plane to Thailand to join the other space cadets seaching for pills and chips!
Lots of love to everyone
Tschuss
Frau Sarah xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx